How to Play Music through Mic
Is it possible to play music using the mic? Let’s discuss it in this article. For playing music through a microphone, we need the required devices like a microphone, a sound source, and a speaker for connecting it with a microphone. This might be the way available for playing music through a microphone.
Do you think whether there is an application that allows play sound through your microphone! Still, there are no devices invented like that, which is against the physical laws. The microphone will just do the job of sound to electrical signal conversion. It cannot act as a speaker. The only thing we can do is connect the speaker with the microphone.
First of all, we have to understand the functionality of the microphone. Microphone usually plays a role in capturing the sounds from the environment and converts it to its respective electrical signal. Microphones are mainly used for recording voices, speech recognition in many apps that are functioning using the input as sound.
We will be discussing the most effective methods which are useful for playing sounds through the mic.
Through Computer Software:
For playing music sounds through Mic, We need input sound source or music, and then we need a Mic device which is connected to the personal computer. All here, we need to convert the mic signals to sound to the receiver end using some computer software.
Voicemeeter is a software which is used for reproducing and triggering the sounds within your computer. You can search for similar software on the Internet, which is more comfortable for you. You also need soundboard software. Soundboard software triggers and reproduces the sound and gives a clear form of output.
This soundboard software will be receiving the input from the microphone’s sound output and gives the output to the voicemeeter input. Some of the soundboard software are EXP SOUNDBOARD, JINGLE PALETTE, MIXERE, SOUNDBOARD, etc..
The steps are given below for voicemeeter & soundboard guidance.
- Download & install the soundboard software.
- Enable the inputs and outputs in soundboard software.
- Download the software named voicemeeter, which is free software available on the internet. Voicemeeter software will be available as voicemeeter banana or voicemeeter potato or simply has voicemeeter.
- Install voicemeeter banana.
- After successful installation restart your computer
- Open your voicemeeter banana application. You will be finding the nodes A1, A2, A3 on the top right.
- Click A1 dropdown, select WDM listening device from the dropdown. You will be using some other versions such as KS, MME, etc.. Alternatives for the WDM listening devices.
- Select hardware input(for e.g., your headset mic) in which medium the computer wants to hear the sound.
- Select virtual input as voicemeeter VAIO.
- Select your output as voicemeeter. For selecting the output, we need to configure from Windows sound settings(Windows menu–>sound playback option–>choose your output device as voicemeeter.
- Now open the music mixing section and join the party as a Kaster.
- New cast session will open. Select your device and select the input as computer audio.
- Now the process will be started. You get the output from the voicemeeter software.
Using Virtual Microphone:
This method doesn’t require microphone input. It directly receives the input from the audio file then processes truly to the virtual microphone. Similar to the above method, we have to use soundboard, and in addition to that, we have to download virtual microphone software. For soundboard, download, and install – refer to the above method. It is much more similar to the above method. It won’t require headphone connection efforts.
There are many free software available for the virtual audio cable. Download the virtual audio cable software and then start the installation. You need soundboard software also for proper sound hearability. It will connect the audio file and virtual audio cable software. Properly configure all the inputs and outputs to the respective software.